So. You've finally decided to do it. You're a spam bot and
you're desperate to send me junk. Well, unless you're willing to do a
little work, say, sound out the letters tee gee zee, and then slap those
in front of an at-symbol with orotech.net after it, you're just out of
luck, K? K.
First, the chat section, in the order I would prefer to be contacted.
Please be wary of the following:
- Don't constantly, in fact, don't ever ask: "Are you there?"
I will answer if I'm around/able, and I won't if I'm not.
- Wait at least 5-10 minutes for an answer. Messaging and signing
is the equivalent of calling someone and hanging up on them.
- Don't "collect" my names and then message them all. I have a lot of
AIM names but they are all the same program on the same
computer. If you're unsure which name to keep, just ask.
- Checking AIM then IRC is fine, but please be aware the windows are
right next to eachother.
- There's a distinct possibility I'm doing other things while talking
to you. Please be patient with replies.
- My router is a stupid piece of garbage. It prevents me from doing
direct connections or file transfers. If you need to get me a file,
use YouSendIt or email it.
- If you have a lot to say, you can split it up onto multiple lines,
but ugh, don't only type one or two words per line!
And onto the silly networking/who-has-the-most-friends sites. The main
things you should know about these are:
- I probably won't add you unless I know you in "meatspace", that is,
the real world, or In Real Life. Where you talk face-to-face.
- If I do know you, at least send me a message before you make a
friend request so I know who you are or why I'm adding you.
- Seriously, I'd rather be contacted via one of the above. Why would
I message you on myspace when there's an AIM window up 24/7?
- If your myspace looks like the Internet exploded you might want to
reconsider letting me know you have one, or fix it first.